Google Chrome is the powerful internet browser and it can be widely used by millions of people but while using Google Chrome users might face a lot of unknown errors, including Protocol errors, NS errors, SSL errors and Connection errors. Usually, users experience an Err_SPDY_Protocol_Error error on Google Chrome when visiting Youtube, Gmail, and any other sites like Tumbler, Wikipedia, Reddit etc. Err_spdy_protocol_error is one of the common errors that user may have to face at the different point of time but those errors are really very easy and simple to deal. There are different methods available to solve this problem.
If you get this error on your screen then you will see the following message this web page is not available so you need to find the best err_spdy_protocol_error fix methods.
How to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Google Chrome?
In general, user experience this error due to many reasons that also including old cache and cookies, as well as the DNS server is blocking specific sites etc. in order to resolve this problem, you must prefer the following
#1. Flushing DNS And Renewing IP
Flushing DNS and Renewing IP is one of the effective options to fix err_spdy_protocol_error on Google browser. Overall, it is fairly easy, in this method you need to clean the temporary files by using following steps,
- At first, you need to press Windows + R key this will bring you to the Run window dialogue box here you will see the typing bar, in that box you need to type cmd
- After that you need to type ipconfig/flushdns then you need to click on the enter option this will run your command.
- Then you need to open the command prompt after that type ipconfig/release then you need to press the enter option.
- After that you need to restart your computer, this method really works in different conditions.
#2. Clear All The Cookies And Cache From Chrome
It is one of the easiest methods that work in a perfect manner if the error is just due to security issues; this method really helps you a lot. To solve the problem you must follow the below steps
- At first, go the settings option
- Then click the history option
- After that, you need to click on Clear Browsing Data tab
- Then you will get the pop-up box with a checklist, after that you need to tick on Cached Images as well as files. After that, you need to click on Cookies, plug-in data & and Other websites.
- After that, you need to deselect all the things in the pop-up box
- At the same time, you need to obligate items should always be set at the beginning of time
- Finally, you need to clearing Browsing data tab
#3. Reset Your Google Chrome
It is the simplest methods among others, with this, you can easily fix the spdy_protocol_error in Google Chrome browser. To fix the problem you need to follow the below steps
- At first, you need to click the three-dot button, this option available on the top right-hand side of the browser screen. This option displays drop down menu.
- In that menu you need to choose settings option then you just single-click on it this will take you on the next page then you need to hit the advanced settings.
- Then you need to scroll down then you will find Reset all settings then you need to click the option and you must wait few minutes then restart your Google Chrome Browser.
#4. Antivirus Software
Usually, most Avast Security Software users experience a lot of difficulties with err spdy protocol error while accessing certain websites. In order to fix those issues, it is important to keep the following points in your mind,
- First of all, open the Avast security software
- Then you need to click setting option available in that software
- Then you need to click the active protection tab
- After that, you must go to the Customize Web Shied Protection
- Finally you need to add some required websites here; of course, you need to add websites separately to fix the problems
- It is the most effective solution for this problem but you need to add every URLs in a proper manner
#5. Flush Sockets
It is the portable option available for the Google chrome users, this method allows you to get free from err_spdy_protocol_error google chrome. To fix this issues follow these steps
- First, you need to open the given link chrome://net-internals/#sockets
- Then you need to choose Sockets option which is available on the top left corner tab
- After that, you need to click on the clear socket pool option.
These are some of the popular methods available to fix err_spdy_protocol_error. These are really simple at the same time effective. So try to follow the above-motioned steps properly to fix the problems without complexity.