Astra is one of the most versatile WordPress themes which includes several advanced options and modules that are useful in different ways. On the other hand, the OceanWP theme is a simple WordPress theme that gives your site a clean look without using any plug-in.
In this blog post, we will compare both themes.
Introduction of Astra and OceanWp.
Astra is a premium WordPress theme that is suitable for different types of blogs like personal blogs, portfolios, eCommerce websites, news websites, and so on.
This theme can be used as a full-blown WordPress theme or can also be used as a framework or starter theme. It has a unique concept and structure. On the other hand, OceanWP is a simple WordPress theme that gives your site a clean look. It is simple, yet beautiful. Websites like CollectiveRay.com full test of Astra vs OceanWP is established, and the whole analysis is shown. This helps you make the right decision based on your requirement to choose your right theme between these two.
No matter what type of website you have, it is very easy to use the OceanWP theme. Both themes have their own set of features that are useful for the user’s website. In this post, we will compare Astra and OceanWP on the basis of their features and benefits. Design As you know that both Astra and OceanWP themes are highly customizable. However, we will discuss the design and lay it out in detail in this section.
Astra is based on a grid structure with 12 columns and 6 rows. As you can see that there is no visual difference between Astra and OceanWP themes. Both have a beautiful layout. The only difference in this is that you can easily change the colour of Astra and OceanWP through the admin panel.
OceanWP is much simpler and easier to work with. It has a responsive design. In other words, your website looks great even on the mobile version. It comes with several widget options, and you can add any widget that you want. In Astra, you need to install the widgets by yourself, as there are only a few available widgets. Then you have to customize the appearance of each widget. In addition, Astra does not allow you to add any header image to the site. OceanWP has a simple and clean design, which makes it more beautiful. In Astra, you can set the background colour of your page. This is not possible in OceanWP.
Astra also allows you to add custom background images for your website, but there is no option to upload an image for your header. So, if you want to customize the look of your website, then Astra is a good choice. OceanWP supports WooCommerce, and Astra does not support this.
You can use Astra if you want to build a small-scale eCommerce website. Astra does not offer many options like Astra offers. Conversely, OceanWP allows you to change the fonts and colours as you wish.
Features comparison of Astra and OceanWp.
Now, let’s discuss the features of both themes. Astra is an advanced WordPress theme that is a framework. As you know, a framework is a base or a starting point for building a website.
When a website is built using a framework, all the basic things are done by the framework. A developer has to customize the look and feel of the website and add some features that are not provided by the framework. So, Astra is a highly customizable WordPress theme that includes different features. You can easily customize the look of your website and add any features that you want to your website.
Whereas OceanWp on the other hand is a simple WordPress theme. This theme is suitable for users who don’t want to build their website from scratch. OceanWP is an ideal WordPress theme for users who don’t have much technical knowledge. OceanWP does not include a lot of features as Astra does. It has a few features, but most of them are not useful. Astra has a lot of useful features that make it one of the best premium WordPress themes in 2021.
Pros and cons of Astra and OceanWp
Let’s now compare the pros and cons of Astra and OceanWp. I have listed all the pros and cons of these two themes. Let’s start with Astra.
- Visual composer: This feature is one of the most important features of Astra. With this feature, you can create various layouts easily. You can also use this feature to drag and drop the elements. It is really helpful to create a unique website.
- Custom Widgets: Astra comes with many widgets that you can use to customize the look of your website.
- Responsive: The design of your website will look great on any device. The design of your website is responsive. This means that you will be able to view it from your desktop, laptop, iPad, iPhone or any other mobile device without any issues.
- Integration with Beaver Builder and Elementor: Astra has a built-in module called “Beaver Builder” and “Elementor”. These modules are very useful for building a website quickly. So, using these two plugins, you will be able to build a website more quickly.
- Innumerable demo websites: Astra comes with different pre-built websites that you can use to check the look of your website. You can also create your own unique website with Astra.
- Infinite access to the website: You don’t have to pay anything if you want to make changes to your website. You can access your website at any time and do any changes to it.
- Exceptional assistance from a third party: Astra provides exceptional assistance from a third-party support team. If you have any technical issues, then they will fix them for you.
- Documentation: Astra doesn’t have in-built documentation. So, you need to find tutorials online and learn about its features.
- Header Image: Astra does not allow you to add a header image. This is a big drawback of this theme.
- There are instances when their customer service is sluggish, particularly on the weekends.
- Increase in cost, particularly with more sites and improved connection with Page Builder.
- There are fewer header designs to choose from.
Let’s start with the pro’s and con’s of OceanWP now.
- Visual composer: OceanWP has a drag and drop tool that makes the creation of pages easier. OceanWP also includes several ready-made templates that are ready to use. So, you don’t have to spend time building a website using this theme. You can quickly build a website by choosing a template from this theme.
- Page builder: OceanWP has a page builder tool.
- Script and style toggles allow you to alter the performance: You can easily add or remove scripts, styles, and plugins on your site.
- WooCommerce Integration even on its basic version: OceanWP comes with an advanced WooCommerce plugin. You don’t need to purchase an expensive premium WordPress theme to integrate WooCommerce on your website. You can use this theme without spending a penny.
- Affordable for one site: OceanWP is a simple theme and is cheaper than Astra. So, you can use it for your single site.
- Documentation: OceanWP doesn’t have in-built documentation like Astra. This is not an ideal feature for users who want to learn about OceanWP.
- Header image: OceanWP does not allow you to add a header image. You cannot even upload a header image. This is a drawback of this theme like Astra.
- Needs to use so many plugins: OceanWP needs more than 50 different plugins to build a website. This is not good because it makes the website slow and complicated.
- Is limited to a few options: OceanWP does not offer many options like Astra. This means that you can’t change the fonts and colors as you wish. You can’t use a Google font for example.
- Priority assistance must be purchased: OceanWP does not offer any support packages. This means that you need to contact support when you encounter issues with your website. This may cost you money if you don’t know how to fix the issue.
- Security updates are not included: OceanWP doesn’t include any security updates for its themes. So, it is important to update it on a regular basis. You cannot rely on this theme to keep your website safe and secure.
- Insufficiently optimised for search engines: OceanWP does not include SEO-optimized code. It means that it does not contain the right code to make your website rank high in search engines. So, it will be hard for your website to rank high on search engines.
Both OceanWP and Astra are excellent WordPress themes. Both of them have their own pros and cons. The only difference between these two themes is that Astra is a framework and OceanWP is a simple theme. If you are new to WordPress then Astra is a better choice.