Health is wealth, which equates to success and happiness. People take different measures to safeguard their health such as exercising, eating right, and taking food supplements, like CBD. The popularity of cannabidiol or CBD products is soaring now more than ever as more people are getting more health-conscious nowadays. But, why are CBD products in demand?
In this article, you’ll learn the important reasons CBD products have become very popular:
Impressive Cannabinoid Profile.
The CBD products have impressive cannabinoid content. Cannabinoids pertain to active cannabis compounds thought to bring the health benefits of CBD. The combination of cannabinoids makes up a powerful synergy that aids in reducing the signs and symptoms of various medical conditions.
Here are the good-to-know facts about some of the cannabinoids found in CBD products:
- Cannabidiol (CBD): This cannabinoid is the active ingredient of CBD products. Once CBD has been extracted from hemp or cannabis, then it can be used in manufacturing different CBD products such as CBD bath bombs, CBD tinctures, lotions, balms, salves, and oils.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC): The CBD products are most sought for their less than 0.03% THC content which causes no psychoactive or psychedelic effects.
- Cannabichromene (CBC): This cannabinoid is also called cannabichromene, a non-psychoactive phytocannabinoid found in cannabis plants. The CBC cannabinoid helps fight inflammation, producing a stronger effect in combination with other cannabinoids.
Impacts of Celebs and Influencers Using CBD.
Celebrities using CBD products is not a new thing. Many Hollywood stars, politicians, and other influencers use and advocate for CBD products for varying purposes, particularly easing signs and symptoms of chronic fatigue, anxiety, and inflammation.
Check out the following celebrities and influencers using CBD:
- Rep. James Comer: This Republican congressman brought his CBD items he uses for personal consumption to show the difference between cannabis and hemp to a House Oversight Committee meeting. He believes that there’s a lot of confusion and misinformation about CBD and THC, vouching on the benefits of using hemp products, like CBD.
- Kim Kardashian West: She has always been vocal about her CBD usage, providing her relaxation and a good night’s sleep. In fact, Kim Kardashian West even had a CBD-themed baby shower, featuring CBD products for meditation, relaxation, and sound bathing.
- Melissa McCarthy: She used CBD to prevent high heel pain in the Oscars.
Charlotte Figi’s Fight Against Epilepsy.
After Charlotte Figi reportedly experienced a drastic decrease in seizures by taking a high-CBD hemp extract, CBD products became popular. She was diagnosed with myoclonic epilepsy or Dravet syndrome, an incurable, severe type of epilepsy.
Her young life had been taken over by everyday seizures, emotional changes, cognitive development issues, and numerous medical tests. By the time she was 6, Charlotte was experiencing more than 300 epileptic episodes weekly. She was unable to talk, eat, and move on her own.
The Figi family was at their breaking point, and it was the time when Matt, Charlotte’s dad came across a video discussing the possible therapeutic benefits of marijuana, particularly CBD. A company was manufacturing a hemp-CBD extract product with high CBD levels and low THC, which Charlotte took, significantly reducing her seizure episodes. With Charlotte’s story, CBD products became even more popular.
Widely Sold Online.
The online world popularized many products, including CBD. The demand for CBD products has been a result of the influence of digital marketing, such as social media marketing.
The CBD products are widely sold online and even in physical health and wellness stores, drug stores, and pharmacies. Both advanced users and beginners can get their preferred CBD products conveniently through different online shops. Hence, the accessibility of CBD products makes them very popular nowadays.
However, consumers are highly recommended to take the following precautionary measures when buying CBD products widely sold online:
- Verify The Source: The raw material, hemp, the source must be verified when buying CBD products, especially for ingested forms, such as CBD oils, capsules, and tinctures. Only choose CBD products sourced from sustainably harvested hemp plants, free of harmful pesticides that can be detrimental to health.
- Determine The Extraction Method: The CBD oils undergo different extraction methods, separating the plant components to the purest oil containing CBD. The use of carbon dioxide (CO2) is the most commonly used CBD extraction method, also called Supercritical Fluid Extraction. This method uses carbon dioxide to separate plant matter from the CBD oil itself.
- Check The Manufacturer: Get CBD products from a trusted seller or manufacturer by checking their website to find out about their credentials, contact details, products, and services.
Versatile Alternative Treatment.
The CBD products are versatile because they come in various forms, allowing you to easily add CBD to your daily routine. These products are generally safe to use as they’re considered supplements without approved therapeutic claims yet anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise.
The different forms of CBD products include the following:
- CBD Capsules: The CBD oil in gel-filled capsules are recommended for those with decreased tolerance for taking CBD oil orally or sublingually (under the tongue).
- CBD Edibles: Some popular examples of CBD edibles include CBD gummies and CBD cookies. Taking CBD edibles to a trip or outdoor adventure is a great way to use CBD discreetly.
- CBD Topicals: The beauty industry markets their products using CBD as an active ingredient, such as CBD lotions, creams, and moisturizers, positing cannabinoid’s anti-inflammatory properties as highly beneficial for skin health.
- CBD Vapes: The CBD e-juices or e-liquids are also available with the popularity of vaping technology or using vape pens and vaporizers. Users benefit from inhaling CBD vapor, causing quick relief from pain, stress, and anxiety.
The CBD products have become very popular because of many good reasons. Many people use CBD products because these don’t have any psychoactive effects unlike cannabis. Also, many celebrities and influencers support and use CBD, spreading good news about this food supplement to their fans and followers.
Of course, who would forget about the heartbreaking story of Charlotte Figi? She was a young girl who had hundreds of epileptic episodes and experienced drastic relief from Dravet syndrome’s signs and symptoms by taking CBD hemp-extract. With the accessibility, versatility, effectiveness, and affordability of CBD products, many consumers see many reasons to use these products.