NVP, technical medical abbreviation of Nausea and Vomiting during Pregnancy, and most commonly known as ‘Morning Sickness’. This is a very common problem among pregnant women during their first trimester. The severities of the symptoms vary from women to women and most importantly, by the course of time, these symptoms fade away. But many find it difficult to survive NVP or morning sickness without any aid or support.
The exact causes behind morning sickness are not confirmed yet, but experts believe that – rise of Estrogen and Progesterone hormone levels, hypoglycemia, increase sense of smell may trigger it during the first trimester.
When it comes to curing any symptoms during pregnancy, the best approach is to ‘Go Natural’. The following home remedies may help you to control your morning sickness.
- First of all, accept all the changes happening to you during pregnancy with a positive thought. Relax and reduce your stress level. If you are a working woman, manage and chart out your works and try to avoid stress and physical work during this time. Find out which particular things help you to relax and feels comfying to you.
- Drinking lemon juice or even smelling lemon can help to control nausea.
- Eating grated ginger can make you feel better during NVP.
- Balance your diet in a healthy way. You may find it difficult to eat during this symptom, but not eating can trigger the cause more. So eat 5 to 6 portions of meals a day and do not starve.
- Avoid triggering causes like – suffocation, heavy perfume, and the smell of chemicals, smoke, heat, noise or excess stress.
- Do not keep yourself in a bubble. Take a relaxing stroll once a day to keep your body active and joyful.
- Dehydration has been found one of the most common reasons to aid morning sickness. Drink plenty of water all through the day to keep yourself hydrated from inside.
- Many women have found peppermint helpful to minimize this symptom.
- Control your odor problems keeping a bag of refreshing herbs with you. You can keep dried peppermint, lavender or thyme in a bag with you. Whenever any smell bothers you and make you to reach to the bucket, just smell the bag with a deep breath.
- Sometimes fall of blood sugar level, can make you feel nauseous during pregnancy. Keep some tasty candy inside your purse and suck one whenever you feel a bit low.
- Many women have found that a mixture of 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey mixed with a glass of water can help preventing symptoms of NVP.
- For many, citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruit or tangerine help to feel better.
- Instead of milk tea, lean on spicy or herb tea. Mix ginger root with your tea to add some helpful flavor with it.
- Massaging peppermint oil on the belly or on legs and thigh can help you relax during NVP.
- Do not suffocate your room by closing all the doors or do not aim to stay inside air-conditioner all the time. Keep your curtains and windows open often and ensure proper ventilation. Let the air and light play inside your room.
Author Biography: My name is Jessy Brain. I have been doing research on different fitness activities and have done an extensive exercise to make myself properly fit. Over the past 3 years my dedication and hard work have made me an exercise and weight loss expert. I am really happy and willing to share the knowledge and experience that I have gathered in recent years. I hope they will help the sports and exercise loving people effectively. Visit our website.