NABL and ISO are organizations that attest to the competence of laboratories by providing set guidelines. Labs that follow these regulations are accredited. NABL accredited labs are formally recognized and offer reliable services. They are well-calibrated and sync with prudent methods of testing.
There are several perks adjoining accreditation. Businesses witness significant growth owing to enhanced customer satisfaction. It is also more economical as the strain of re-testing is not in the periphery. Certification of a lab is contingent on ISO17025 standards.
These ISO standards can be vastly divided into two categories – technical and management needs. Clause number 4 pertains to quality requirements that a lab must cater to be a NABL accredited lab. Whereas clause 5 deals with technical facets regarding equipment calibration, quality assurance, and so on.
While we pointed out similarities between ISO and NABL, the excerpts below will discuss their differences. They intend to promote a more kosher and reliable testing environment.
Differences between NABL and ISO
- NABL stands for National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration laboratories. It is a Constituent Board of Quality Council of India.
- The objective behind establishing NABL is to provide the government, Industry Associations, and Industry with a third-party assessment scheme. This enables bettered quality and enhanced reliance.
- NABL is formulated by the government as opposed to ISO.
- NABL collaborates with ILIC and APLAC.
- NABL Accreditation provides formal recognition of CABs. Accreditation is more supreme than system certification.
- ISO stands for International Organization for Standardisation. They provide recognition and certify companies around the globe. It manifests a reliable image of the lab and attests to its quality and services.
- ISO was pioneered in 1947 in Switzerland, Geneva. It is an individual body and aims to uplift the quality of services available to people.
- Being certified by ISO enables international recognition and is a revered title.
- ISO confines itself to Quality system Management.
Advantages of NABL accreditation.
There are several advantages attached to NABL accreditation.
- It enables international recognition and equivalence.
- The opportunity to access a global market is amplified.
- It saves immense time, and money since being revered has its perks.
- Customers are more at ease and will come back in the future.
- There are lesser chances of re-testing and errors since these labs are almost always accurate.
- They undergo continual improvements and supervision, fostering a more secure atmosphere.
- The quality management system is more robust.
- Acceptance by the public and the industry.
Advantages of ISO certification.
- Harbours a more confident relationship in the lab because of third-party assessment.
- The management process is more streamlined and is typically directed by seniors.
- It is apt for both small and large organizations.
- It enables less wastage.
- The process is more productive, lucrative, and efficient.
- Send out a more optimistic message to the staff and potential customers.
- The outcomes are more consistent.
- The process is monitored and measured.
- Better marketing opportunities.
- Enhanced global reach.
Comprehensive advantages of ISO and NABL.
- The customers can avail the possibility of selecting a more reliable means of testing. It is measured, calibrated, and meets their demands.
- The results are more trusted and accurate.
- Safer environment, which includes safe food, clean water, energy, health, and social care services.
- There is greater access to domestic and international markets.
- The entire process is more seamless and affordable. There is no scope for errors, and customers are complacent.
There are several parameters that labs must look into before applying for accreditation. They must come up with a definitive plan and select a prudent team. Team proficiency is highly essential when seeking accreditation. It can be a significant game-changer. The infrastructure should be up-to-date.
It must coincide with the ISO guidelines. The labs must always be conscious of hiring quality and technical managers. One of the most crucial aspects of harboring a reliable testing environment is cleanliness. It should be promoted at all costs. One can find these requirements online on the NABL website. The documents must be in place.
Even though ISO and NABL are different, they have many similarities. Their rationale is to promote a more robust and lucrative business that stands out from others. There are several laboratories in the outside world, sprouting stiff competition. If one must survive this turmoil, they must adapt every efficacious scheme to play out in their favor.