A large part of our cyberlife nowadays is taken up by the social media. It is not only a great place for catching up with long lost buddies, ex-colleagues and networking, but a place which can be used quite effectively for marketing. Pinterest is the latest fad in the ever increasing reach of social media marketing.
Survival in today’s competitive market is based largely on consumer outreach. The need to reach target consumers is increasingly being dictated by innovations in the World Wide Web. This is where websites like Pinterest, which as of June 2013 had more than 70 million users, come in.
From a local start-up to a global brand, every organization has its own portal today. They promote these using various techniques. Website promotion can be done by many techniques such as web content development, search engine optimization and search engine submission.
A newer way of website promotion is to pin on Pinterest. Pinterest is a visual discovery tool. From marketing strategies, make-up tips to well thought recipes, people use it to collect ideas for their different projects and interests. Over the years people have realized its immense potential and it has steadily climbed the popularity charts. Today most companies use this tool to promote their websites and achieve wider recognition.
Given below are some of the ways to drive traffic to a website using Pinterest:
- Add the Website Name: The simplest way to drive Pinterest traffic to a website is by adding your site URL to the brand page. This will encourage the people to check out the website and to learn more about it.
- Verify it: Verifying your website adds a lot of credibility and more people will be interested in clicking on the link assured that it is not a fake.
- Add Call to Action Button: The best way to increase traffic to your website is to ask people do visit it. With catchy snippets of information and messages like ‘Check out this page now’ or ‘Visit this page now’ or ‘Click the following link to learn more’ greater traffic can be generated.
- Add Board Categories: A simple way to get more people to see your pins is by adding categories to your boards. By this, your pins will not only appear in the feeds of people who follow you, but also in the same category the board has been connected to.
- Add Images to Your Website: The only way someone can share something from your website is if there is an image which has the minimum dimensions of 100 X 200 pixels. This is a very important step as people won’t be able to share it on Pinterest if you don’t add pictures, thereby making it harder for you to increase website traffic with Pinterest.
- Add the ‘Pin it’ Button: You can get more people to share the images you add to your website by adding the ‘Pin It’ button.
- Use Taller Images: Studies suggest taller images receive more repins. So it is advisable to use taller images on your websites.
- Add Website Name to the Images: When people see your image on Pinterest, the watermark will make them visit your website.
- Measure Result: This is the most important step as this will make you weed out things that are not working in drawing traffic.
Using these strategies can help increase traffic to a website. Buying Pinterest followers is also an accepted practice which can lend greater visibility besides promoting your website. So the right strategy in using Pinterest’s immense potential as marketing tool can make your company the most sought after.