Refrigerators, Microwaves, Air Conditioners, Chillers, and Dishwashers are all necessary appliances in our houses and they are known to be one of the major causes of our expensive electric bills especially if they are more than a decade old. The major appliances in the present day do not take up so much energy because of minimum federal energy efficiency standards. Over the years these standards have been strengthened and now any new appliance that you purchase uses much less energy than the older model. On top of the electricity bill decreasing, your environment is safe and sound because if the energy usage is less, the demand on power plants lowers automatically which then leads to less pollution. The following tricks are sure to help you to determine which models of your favorite appliance use the least amount of energy.
- The Energy Star Label: If you are unable to remember all the guidelines and find it convenient to keep in mind only one important rule then you should be on the lookout for the Energy Star label on any appliance. These particular models are one of the most energy saving models found in any product category and are noted for surpassing the energy efficiency minimums placed by the federal government.
- The Right Size: Purchase those appliances which you need and avoid extra large split air conditioners for a tiny living room or an oversized refrigerator for your open kitchen. Splurging on these items is an unnecessary wastage of money and also once you get them maintaining them can be a headache.
- Natural Gas over Electricity: In most cases its more logical to burn natural gas in your habitat than burning them in some power plant, transforming the heat to electricity and eventually transmitting the electricity over wires in your home. Purchase stoves, water heaters, dryers which run on natural gas.
- Focus on the long term: Many of the energy saving devices might not be inexpensive but investing in them is totally worth it especially for the long run. Their longevity ranges from 10 to 20 years and after a period of time you will notice that their purchasing price got compensated by the lower amount of utility bills.
Appliances like refrigerators, air conditioners, coffee makers are all currently the trending energy efficient devices for businesses. Some specific information is provided below to help you decide on the right model and brand while shopping for energy efficient appliances and also this data is sure to help out all those businesses dealing with such appliances.
- REFRIGERATORS: Replace your old refrigerator with a brand new one since the latter is noted for consuming 75 percent less energy than those manufactured at the end of 1970s. If you are replacing your vintage refrigerator with a modern one, then you are guaranteed to save more than 100 dollars a year as utility expenses. Moreover if you go for the model which has an Energy Star label then you saving an extra 15 percent because of far better insulation, more productive compressors and a much more methodical temperature control and defrosting system.
- AIR CONDITIONERS: The most effective air conditioners have compressors which are highly efficient besides the systematic fan motors and heat transfer surfaces which mean that if you replace your older model with an Energy Star version then your energy bills are getting reduced by approximately 14 dollars a year. Keep in mind that the minimum energy efficiency ratio demanded by the federal law is 9.7 and so be on the lookout for a model with the highest energy efficiency ratio. Now coming to central air conditioners which are more than a decade old. Replace them immediately with an Energy Star Model which has the potential to reduce your energy expenditure by 20 percent.
- COFFEE MAKERS: There are coffee machines available in the market which have an “eco mode” or “energy saving mode” which is basically nothing but a way to lower the temperature of the heating element after a while from the usual 90 degrees Celsius to approximately about 60 degrees Celsius. This means that the coffee machine is not in a real ready mode anymore but still needs some heating tie before it is ready to supply coffee. This sort of energy saving mode permits much better energy efficiency. You can assess the energy efficiency of these coffee makers with the help of the Swiss Agency for Efficient Use (Safe) and Euro Top Ten method. This method is known to calculate the energy consumed by coffee makers in different modes and the aim of the Euro Top Ten is to measure the total energy consumption for a period of one year by a particular coffee machine. Cuisinart DTC is one of the ideal 12 cup thermal coffee maker in the market, you can check more options at coffeemakerslist.com.